Browse some interesting information through articles, videos, websites and book recommendations!
- Let’s Move!
- The Doctor Oz Show
- Everyday Health
- EatRight America! – Superfoods & ANDI Scores
- Losing Weight: A Battle Against Fat and Biology (Listen to this great NPR segment!)
Good Books to Read:
- Food Rules by Michael Pollan – (this is fast and fun!)
- In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan
- The Omnivore’s Dilemma by Michael Pollan
- Intuitive Eating by Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch – (recommended to me by a friend)
- Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life by Barbara Kingsolver (recommended to me by a librarian)
- Free for All by Janet Poppendiek
- 6 Heart-Smart Smoothies and Juices
- 7 Healthy Dessert-for-Breakfast Recipes
- 10 Easy, 5-Minute Breakfast Ideas
Fats, Cholesterol, and other Ambiguous Words
- Get the Facts on Fats and Carbs – They’re Not All Bad!
- Good Fats, Bad Fats
- 4 Tips for Eating Well with High Cholesterol
- Control Cholesterol Levels with a Healthy Diet
- 6 Food Additives to Subtract From Your Diet
- Top 5 Cholesterol-Lowering Foods!
- High Fructose corn syrup (Pursue Natural)
- The Keys to Cutting Cholesterol
- Nutrition in a Pill? (if subscribing to Time Magazine)
- Calories Are Everywhere, Yet Hard to Track
- What Kind of Vegetarian Are You?
All about you…
- How Can I Stop Craving Sweets?
- Minding Your Food With Mindful Eating
- “I Don’t Feel Satisfied After Meals!”
- Satisfy Your Appetite With These Delicious Choices
- What’s Your Diet Personality?
“I need incentives!”
- A Heart-Healthy Diet for Cardiovascular Health
- Eat Your Fruits and Veggies for Healthier Eyes
- Eat A Healthy Diet to Feel Better
- Eat to Beat Inflammation
- ‘Get Your Plate in Shape’ for National Nutrition Month
- Being Fat Can Cause Dementia
- Join a Motivation Group Forum
- Cranky? Drink a Glass of Water
Helpful How-tos and “Dos!”
- Eat Food. Real Food. (from my sister’s pantry)
- How to Eat Healthfully on the Road
- Could Two Words Help You Resist Temptation?
- Your Budget-Friendly Guide to Healthy Cooking
- Inhibiting Instant Gratification (400 Days ’til 40)
- 9 Steps to Better Digestion as You Age
- 10 Ways to Help Your Kids Eat Their Veggies!
- Dining-Out Dilemma
- Get Wise About Serving Size
- Finding Quick and Healthy Eats
- Decoding Food Labels
- 10 Easy Portion Control Tricks
- Learning Serving Sizes
- Foods that Burn Fat
- Leaving the Stress Eating Behind
- Beating a Sugar Addiction
- The Oz Diet (if subscribing to Time Magazine)
- Fitting Healthy Snacks Into Your Diet
Health’s persistent questions
- How Much Water Should I Drink?
- Why Would it Be Better to Eat Breakfast?
- Why Shouldn’t We Drink Soda?
- The Right to Sell Kids Junk
- Why Do We Eat More in Winter?
Food & Nutrient Info
- Eating High-Fiber Foods for Type 2 Diabetes
- The 13 Most Powerful Superfoods
- Healthy Vegetables
- Foods that Promote Brain Health
- 10 High-Protein Power Snacks
- Make the Switch to Whole Grains
- Reasons That Vitamin D May Matter
- 8 Low-Carb Veggies for Diabetic Diets
- Boost Your Diet with Fiber!
- Other Fish in the Sea
- 9 Surprising Secrets About Sugar
- Foods that Burn Fat
- How Flaxseed Benefits Digestion
- Berry Good News About Berries!
- A Sweet Alternative?
- Java at the Gym?
- Sources and Benefits of Potassium
- Foods That Boost Your Memory
- 6 Colorful Diabetes-Fighting Foods
- Red Meat: The Real Story
- Red Meat Can Be Unhealthy, Study Suggests
- Is Brown Really Better?
- Foods to Avoid
- Finding Foods to Help You Sleep Better
- 9 Great Foods for Type 2 Diabetes
- Build a Better Body with Broccoli
- Broccoli, Cabbage, Other Veggies May Protect Against Colon Cancer
- The Truth About Soy
- 9 Essential Facts about Caffeine
- Fish Facts
- 7 Bad-Mood-Busting Foods
- Seasonal Cooking with Winter Foods
- Americans Do Not Walk The Walk, And That’s A Growing Problem
- The Less & More of Running (more or less) – (by in pursuit of more)
- 10 Ways to Get Motivated for a Morning Workout
- 10 Winter Fitness Activities for the Whole Family
- Java at the Gym?
- Get Moving to Ease Depression
- What to Eat Before, During, and After Working Out
- Is Barefoot Running Really Better?
- The Best Pain-Relieving Workouts for Arthritis
- Fuel Your Workout
- Can I Exercise When I’m Sick?
- De-Stress and Protect Your Heart with Yoga
- How Can I Get Over Fitness Slumps?
- How to Buy the Right Walking Shoes
- How to Get Exercise When Working at a Desk
- Desperately Seeking Exercise Motivation
- Exercise Addiction – Healthy Habit or Obsession?
- 11 Easy Exercises
- 7 Great Exercises to Fight Depression
- Pool Workout
- Exercising Constipation Out of Your Life
- 8 Ways to Focus on Getting Fit
- Exercise Away Your Risk of Lower Back Pain
- Hit the Road: How to Start a Running Program
Body (its functions, patterns, etc.)
- Water it Down
- The Truth About Slow Metabolism
- Diet and Physical Exercise: What’s the Cancer Connection?
- Five Hidden Dangers of Obesity (preview)
- Pump Up Your Metabolism
- The Truth About Metabolism
- Is it Hunger or Stress?
- Fascinating Facts About Urine
- Can Muscle Turn Into Fat?
- Stand Up Straight and Stay Pain Free
- Heartburn Causes and Common Triggers
- 10 Ways to Love Your Body
Skin & Hair
- The Best Foods for Your Skin
- Promote Hair Growth and Prevent Hair Loss
- Glowing Skin
- The Beauty Benefits of Exercise
- The Best Foods for Gorgeous Hair
- Sun Protection on Your Plate (from Sunny Sleevez)
Where our Health Meets that of the Environment…
- Food, Glorious, Nourishing, Emotional Food (from my sister’s pantry) — I highly recommend this one!
- G Proteins Series: the connector proteins that try to prevent Autism Spectrum Disorder (by Pursue Natural)
- Let’s Move, She Said – and We Have
- When is Thin Too Thin?
- Finally, Good News About School Lunches
- Fitness on the Road
- Staying Fit on the Road
- 5 Fresh Fitness Trends for 2012
- Finding Fulfillment in Life, Not Food
- Four Facts About Allergy (by Pursue Natural)
- Fad Diets: A Look Back at Weight Loss Trends (just to get some perspective)
- Finding Alternatives to Emotional Eating
- Diet and Fitness for Men
- Is Your Child at Risk of an Eating Disorder?
- State Leaders Grow Farm to School in Georgia